Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Week 9: Thing 21 (Podcasts) and Thing 22 (eBooks and Audio eBooks)

The podcasts were really neat. I found a fabulous one by Nancy Keane. It is called:

Podcast Book Reviews by Nancy Keane

They are available as a page at http://www.google.com/reader/shared/08125276564536541007(and there's a feed too! I have attached it to my delicio.us. account.

I have so many students who speed read and always want a new reccommendation. I am going to favorite this site on the library computers and have them search here if they want more choices than I can give them.

My exploration of eBooks coincided with the science teacher showing off his birthday gift to me. It is a Kindle which is like a notebook that downloads books from many of the sites listed in the lesson. He also rattled off a few other sites he goes to. I usually go to Mexico for a month each summer to study Spanish and I fill one suitcase with books I want to read. After this lesson and my introduction to Kindle I think I am going to invest in the machine and give my arms a break.

We also have a student who is legally blind and I told her about the eBook site and
have invited her back after school to show her how to log on and listen.

No comments: