Monday, March 10, 2008

Week 8: Thing 18 and 19 Online Applications and Tools

I fell behind in keeping up my blog because I had jumped ahead and started playing with the links of this week three weeks ago. I love the Zoho writer. We have two teachers in my building who wanted personal accounts for each of their students so that no other student could go into the file on the desktop and change, copy or delete another's work. After many phone calls and a few frustrating sessions, the kids were able to have separate accounts. However the option of having them create an account with the Zoho writer seems far better since they could access their accounts not only from any computer in school but also from any computer at their homes, at a friends or at gram's. The only drawback is if the power or internet goes down but it seems like a great trade-off. Both the teachers who had wanted separate accounts seem very interested in using this next year.

Okay, Library Thing is very cool. I need about three more hours to really explore but I see many possibilities.






No comments: